Is it weird that I gasped and said “they’re all so beautiful!” ?
Is it weird that I gasped and said “they’re all so beautiful!” ?
reeses pieces fudge frosting
Stuffed Cheesecake Strawberries
These Strawberry Cheesecake Bites are simple and so, SO good! A low fat cheesecake filling is stuffed inside of hollowed out strawberries and then dipped into graham cracker crumbs. All the flavor of strawberry cheesecake and just a fraction of the calories. Perfect to fill in that sweet tooth at any time.
- 4 oz of low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar (depends on how sweet you want the filling)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10-20 strawberries ( quantity is your choice )
- 1/4 cup of graham crackers crumbs
Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top and clean out inside with a paring knife if necessary. I found most of the strawberries already had a nice hollow center so that step was not necessary. If you want to stand your strawberries upright ( like in the picture ) slice a bit off the bottom.
Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla with a mixer or by hand. Add cream cheese mix to piping bag ( you can use a Ziploc bag ) and fill strawberries. Once strawberries are filled dip the top in graham cracker crumbs. Devour and fall in love. Enjoy! You could also drizzle or dip strawberries in chocolate if desired.
Healthy Chocoholic Cake
- 1 and ½ cups whole-wheat flour (180g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or white)
- ¾ cup cold water
Mix dry ingredients. Then add wet. Mix with a fork (not beaters). Pour into a greased and lined cake pan, and bake in a preheated oven at 355F for about thirty minutes. Cool before frosting.
*I didn’t use vinegar because I only have white wine vinegar and it smelled too much like wine and I didn’t wanna ruin the cake with that taste. I also used organic buckwheat flour instead of whole wheat. Also, the second time i made this, I used too much cocoa powder which made the cake really bitter but the first time I made it was perfect! Nobody could believe it’s vegan and not unhealthy!
The one that says rockstar was for my mom’s birthday and she calls herself a rockstar, LOL so yeah.
3 eggs, sauteed spinach and mushrooms
260 calories, 3 net carbs
This honestly looks amazing :o
Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- 1/3 cup Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Pink Salt
- Optional: Liquid Stevia to taste
- In a food processor or with a hand mixer, combine the ripe avocado and peanut butter until very smooth. Add the agave and mix well.
- Add the almond milk and cocoa powder. You can add a bit more almond milk or cocoa powder to reach your desired consistency. Mix until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt and stevia if desired. The peanut butter makes this pudding a little less sweet and a bit more rich than our other chocolate pudding recipe. If you have a strong sweet tooth, I recommend adding a couple drops.
- Continue mixing the pudding until all ingredients are well combined and you have a perfectly creamy pudding. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or enjoy immediately!
Blender-Free Strawberry Banana Sorbet
- 1 medium Banana
- 4 medium Strawberries
While still in peel, lightly roll banana on counter top to soften it up. Cut one end of banana off and carefully squeeze contents into a plastic sandwich bag. Cut up 4 strawberries, removing leaves, and place in bag. Close bag and squish contents until contents are mixed to your liking. Cut corner off of bag and squeeze into a freezer-safe container (I like to use a rinsed out small Chobani yogurt cup). Cover with saran wrap and a rubber band. Put in freezer and wait for contents to firm. Enjoy.
Nutritional Content: (<1g fat, 32.5g carbs, 1.75g protein, ~128 calories)
Mixed Berry Mousse & Gelée Verrines (adapted from Hungry Cravings @ www.hungrycravings.com)
10 ounces raspberries
10 ounces blackberries
10 ounces blueberries
8 ounces strawberries
1/3 cup agave nectar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons gelatin
¼ cup Chambord
1 cup non-fat plain Chobani greek yogurt
Puree the berries in a food mill using the finest disc. If the puree has seeds, strain it through a fine mesh sieve to remove them. Divide evenly among 2 large bowls.
Stir 1/2 of the agave nectar into ½ of the berry puree. Slowly sprinkle 2 ½ teaspoons of the gelatin over ¼ cup of the Chambord. Place the bowl of the gelatin mixture over a small pan of simmering water and heat until melted. Stir into the berry mixture. Whip the yogurt to stiff peaks. Stir 1/3 of the cream into the berry mixture, then fold in the remaining yogurt. Divide the mixture among 6 dessert cups. Refrigerate for about an hour, or until set.
Stir the remaining sugar and Chambord into the remaining ½ of the berry puree. Measure ¼ cup of water into a small bowl and slowly sprinkle over the remaining gelatin. Place the bowl of gelatin over a small pan of simmering water and heat until melted. Stir into the berry mixture. Divide among the dessert cups. Refrigerate for about an hour, or until set.
Serves 6. Serve topped with additional fresh berries, if desired. Can be made up to a day ahead of time and kept covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cups soy milk (more or less if you like)
- 6 oz organic fresh blackberries
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3-4 tablespoons honey (more or less if you like)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (optional)
- Fresh mint
Place mint leaves and 1 cup of soy milk in a blender and blend for 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve.
Apple PB & Choco Chip Sandwich!Another amazing snack! Quick & health yet again :)
- Take and decore 1 apple
- Lay apple on it’s side and cut roughly 1/4 inch slices (you can have them thicker if you prefer!)
- Lather peanut butter on one slice, drizzle a few chocolate chips, place the 2nd slice on top and presto!
You now have an amazing and very easy snack (or meal!)
10 Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes!
For a humble root vegetable, the sweet potato sure does have a lot going for it. The orange tuber packs 438% of your daily value of infection-fighting vitamin A and, like carrots, sweet potatoes are a major source of skin-protecting beta-carotene. While bananas are often touted as the go-to source of potassium, a medium sweet potato has 28% more potassium than a banana. (The mineral helps your body absorb fluids to replace sweat losses.)
Whether sweet potatoes only enter your kitchen on Thanksgiving or they have a regular spot in your cooking rotation, you could probably use more delicious ways to prepare them. Here are 10 recipes for dishes from fries to soup—each with about 300 calories or less.
yummy! going to try out some of the recipes!
Watermelon Tart! (tutorial)
Look at it closely! It looks like some kind of cake or tart right? but it’s not. It’s actually a watermelon cut into the shape of a cake with yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and nuts on top!
This is perfect for like an outdoor BBQ or Fourth of July! In the summer heat this must be like heaven?!
:O gimme gimme gimme! this is such a cool idea!
1 TBSP whole wheat flour
1 TBSP sugar (do not substitute)
1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa
a pinch of baking soda
a pinch of salt
1 TBSP of low fat vanilla yogurt, add more if needed to blend the mixture
Mix it all up, pop it in the microwave for just over a minute, enjoy :)
Number of Servings: 1
Per Serving Calories: 95.2